Non-Resident Nepali Identity Card
The Non Resident Nepalese (NRNs) residing in the United States of America and in the countries accredited by this Embassy can apply to the Embassy of Nepal Washington DC to obtain the NRN ID cards. They can also apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kathmandu for their NRN ID.
The NRNs willing to obtain NRN ID cards have to register their names by providing their detail information as prescribed in the NRN registration application form. The NRN registration application form can also be used for NRN ID card application. The application forms for Non Resident Nepalese and Nepalese Citizens Residing Abroad are available online.
How to apply for NRN ID cards?
- Fill in the application form online and submit it online. (applicants must submit their application online).
- Download (do not print as it appears in the screen) and print the application form (there are two pages in PDF form) and sign it.
- Submit your application online.
- Verify the printed form manually.
- Mail the signed application form together with the copies of documents listed below:
- Proof of Nepalese Citizenship renouncement, if renounced.
- US Naturalization Certificate.
- US Passport.
- Nepalese Citizenship Certificate.
- Parent’s Citizenship Certificate.
- Documentary proof of business, occupation or employment in the country of residence.
- Enclose four (2 Auto size plus 2 Passport size) photographs and a paid return envelope to mail back the ID to your address.
- Enclose money order (US $500.00 for NRN ID plus $20.00 for Registration) payable to the Embassy of Nepal Washington DC.